For those who have been waiting to cruise on Disney Cruise Line, mark your calendars for August 9th. The long awaited return to the seas will be finally taking place!
The Disney Dream will alternate between 3 and 4 night sailings out of Port Canaveral, Florida. The itineraries will make 2 stops at Disney’s Castaway Cay on all sailings. Guests on a 4 night sailing will also have a day at sea.
With a return to sailing comes new protocols to ensure safe sailing for all guests. Information is continually being updated, but as of this publishing, this is what we know:
- While Covid-19 vaccinations are not required to sail, at this time, Disney Cruise Line is highly recommending that all guests who are eligible for the vaccine be fully vaccinated at the time of boarding.
- If guests are not vaccinated or planned to be at the time of boarding, the following procedures are in place:
- Guests must provide a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 5 days to 24 hours prior to embarkation. This test will be done at the guest’s expense.
- Once at the cruise terminal, guests will also undergo a Rapid Covid-19 PCR test. The cost of the test is $65 for each guest over the age of 12 and will be charged to the guests onboard accounts.
- For cruises departing from Florida through December 31, 2021, Guests 12 years or older must provide proof of a valid travel insurance policy that has a minimum of $10,000 per person in medical expense coverage and $30,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation and no COVID-19 exclusions. The policy must name the Guest as the policy holder or beneficiary and may be purchased from the Guests’ preferred travel insurance provider or through the Disney Cruise LineVacation Protection Program, which includes the requisite coverage and provides other benefits for travel protection. Guests that purchase insurance from a provider other than Disney Cruise Line will need to provide proof of the insurance policy, showing the name of each of the covered Guest(s) and a description of the coverage in the policy to Inspire prior to receiving clearance to sail. Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination instead of obtaining travel insurance.
- All guests will be required to create an account with Insight Diagnostics to provide their testing and/or vaccination verification. Accounts will need to be created by parents on behalf of minors. It is still recommended that guests bring their results or vaccination card just in case.
Just as it has with the reopened theme parks, Disney has created a very informative website that guests should check out prior to departure. Know Before You Go – Disney Cruise Line
Information about what the onboard experience will look like, but guests should download the Disney Cruise Line app for the latest information and also to reserve any activities that may require advance reservations.
Guests will be required to complete Online Check-in starting 30 days prior to sailing. All guests will be required to select a Port Arrival Time and will be turned away if they arrive early.
Please stay tuned for more information as Disney Cruise Line releases it. It’s time to Make Some Memories on the High Seas again!