Why an Adventures by Disney River Cruise Should Be On Your Travel List
One of my favorite vacations I’ve ever taken was a Danube River cruise with Adventures by Disney in 2018. It was our first river cruise and I loved every second of it. From waking up in a new port every morning to nightly entertainment, every moment was full of fun and excitement.
Here are some reasons why this is such a great vacation option:
- The Destinations – Adventures by Disney currently offers sailings on the Rhine, the Danube, the Seine and the Rhone. Traveling from Basel, Switzerland to Amsterdam, Netherlands, highlights on the RhineRiver cruise include Heidelberg Castle, the Mercedes Benz Museum and the Van Gogh Museum. Danube passengers travel between Budapest, Hungary and Vilshofen, Germany. Along the way, guests will experience the Sound of Music filming sites, Budapest at night, a full day in Vienna and more. Guests sailing the Seine travel round-trip from Paris. Chateaus, exquisite French food, Normandy beach historical sites and Monet’s home and gardens are sure to delight everyone. The newest cruise is in the South of France along the Rhone River, which travels from Lyon to Marseilles. Ancient ruins, food experiences along with kayaking and biking make this an adventure to remember. There are even special Food & Wine Adult Exclusive sailings on the Rhine. Special sailings on the Danube include the Adult Exclusive Oktoberfest sailing and a Christmas Markets cruise for the whole family.
- The Ships – Adventures by Disney partners with AMAWaterways, a luxury leader in the river cruise sector. With gorgeous staterooms, fantastic food and a very attentive crew, the time spent on the ship is first class. All ships feature a lounge, an outdoor walking track, pool or whirlpool, a fitness room, massage services and a hair salon.
- The Adventures by Disney Difference – Sailing with Adventures by Disney means traveling with all of the benefits and access that the Disney name brings. There are exclusive excursions and the best local guides in each stop. The entire ship for your adventure is reserved for just you and your fellow adventurers. Plus, you travel knowing that Disney is ensuring that guests have the most stress-free and most immersive experience possible. They worry about all the small details so you don’t have to. Almost all of your excursions are included in the cost of your vacation as are all of your gratuities for all of your Adventure Guides and crew on the ship.
A special added excursion for the 2021 sailings on the Rhine gives guests the opportunity to visit the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. While there they will see first hand the construction of the latest Disney Cruise Line ship, The Wish. There are only 40 spots per sailing for this once in a lifetime experience and it must be paid in full at the time of booking. The cost is $499 per person.
- The Adventures by Disney Guides – Each cruise has between 6 to 8 Adventure Guides. Your guides are what makes an Adventures by Disney vacation special. They are there to not only get you from place to place, but also make sure that you have fun doing it. From knowing the best local places to eat when you have “on your own” time, always having snacks and water, to knowing where the best bathrooms are (and money to pay for them, if needed), the guides are essential to ensuring guests want for nothing.
- Benefits of Taking a River Cruise – If your idea of a perfect vacation includes luxurious accommodations, different gourmet dining options every night, visiting some of the most beautiful locations in the world while only unpacking once, then a river cruise might be for you. In most locations, river cruises are able to dock right in the city, which makes for easy exploring. Also, local specialties are served nightly in the dining room along with other choices, including a “simple fare” menu.
Adventures by Disney River Cruises are currently booking through the 2021 travel season. Add-ons are available for guests either before or after their sailing in Paris, Amsterdam and Budapest.