Here to Lend a Helping Hand
In my previous blog post, I outlined why it’s especially important to work with a travel planner in these unsettling times.
Unfortunately, the news for travel hasn’t gotten any better since my last post and if I am being honest, it’s gotten worse.
Here is the latest as of April 11th –
- Both Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California are closed until further notice.
- Disney Cruise Line has canceled all sailings on the Magic, Dream and Fantasy through May 17th. The Wonder will not begin sailing until July 6th, at the earliest..
- Adventures by Disney has canceled all departures through May 31st and some destinations for a longer duration.
- Aulani Resort in Hawaii is closed until further notice.
- Universal Orlando Resort is closed through May 31st.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line has suspended all sailings through May 12th.
Most travel providers are offering varying compensation for their affected guests – each with their own guidelines, deadlines and restrictions.
- Walt Disney World is offering Free Dining for most guests who were supposed to travel through May 31st. Travel must be completed by September 30th to qualify.
- Disneyland and Aulani in Hawaii are also offering specials for guests who were affected through May 31st.
- Disney Cruise Line guests whose sailings have been canceled are being offered the choice of a full refund or 125% future cruise credit for a sailing within the next 15 months. The exact amount is based on voyage fare and excludes taxes and port fees.
- Adventures by Disney will be allowing guests put all monies to a future adventure. Most 2021 adventures should be opening up in late May or early June.
- Royal Caribbean is also offering either a full refund or 125% future cruise credits for guests who were supposed to sail on the affected sailings. The exact amount is based on voyage fare and excludes taxes and port fees.
What does this mean for you? It means that while travel providers are trying to make it up to their guests, it is a very complicated maze to navigate. Things will continue to change as will what will be offered to guests.
If you’ve been affected by any of these closures and would like to chat about your options, I would be happy to help you get your family’s vacation dreams back on track. Even if you didn’t book your original vacation with me, I can help you make the most of the special offers and help you plan your new dream vacation. This way you’ll never have to go it alone again.