I was lucky enough to attend the Annual Passholder Preview for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. The new land does not disappoint. However, there are some things though that guests should be aware of when they get to visit:
- Be prepared to be hot. There is very little shade, either natural or man made, in Batuu. Visiting in August was brutal. Make sure to stay hydrated and reapply sunscreen often.
- Try the milk. There is Blue Milk, like Luke drank on Tattooine and Green Milk, which Luke drank in later movies. Both “milks” are made from a rice or coconut base and not actually a dairy product. They are vegan and lactose free, as well. They both have a smoothie/milkshake consistency. The blue milk has hints of pineapple, dragonfruit and watermelon and very refreshing. The green milk has a citrus and floral flavor to it and is definitely the stronger of the two flavors. Both milks are available with alcohol added to them – rum for the blue milk and tequila for the green. They are all available at The Milk Stand.
- Reservations are a must for Oga’s Cantina! At the current time, there are very few walk up opportunities. I was not lucky enough to have gotten one one for the preview and was turned away several times. They were not even allowing people to wait in a stand-by line. This may change when the area officially opens, but nothing has been announced at this time. Reservations are available at the 180 day mark.
- Reservations for Savi’s Workshop and Droid Depot should also be made ahead of time if possible. At Savi’s guests can build their own light sabers for about $200. If you would prefer to bring home your own hand built droid, that can be done for about $100 at the Depot. Both experiences allow one guest with the builder, but the guest cannot build.
- This is a completely immersive land and talking to the Cast Members is fascinating. The Cast Members stay in character all the time and have their own stories. For example, prices are in “units” and any area other than Batuu is “off planet”. Soda bottles are also themed to the land. It definitely helps enhance the experience there.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open on Thursday, August 29th for all guests. At this time only Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run is open, but Rise of the Resistance will be opening on December 5th.
There is still time to plan a fabulous trip, either to Disneyland or Walt Disney World to experience this fabulous area. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.